Experience the wilderness of Sala with a professional wilderness guide!
In a small group of maximum 12 participants we spend two days in the woods and camp next to a small woodland lake. The tour starts at the towns old Silver mine and we hike along the famous “Gruvdammsrundan”, approximately 30 km. Tranquil forests, scenic views and awe-inspiring wilderness await, as well as some idyllic Swedish cultural landscape spotted with traditional red cottages.
We purify water from lakes and streams, cook our food over open fire and learn how to navigate with a map and compass. Choose between spending your night comfortably in a tent or try our more minimalistic alternative of outdoor hammocks.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone wishing to learn more about hiking and spending time in the woods of central Sweden.
- Experienced wilderness guide
- All meals (lunch and dinner day one, breakfast and lunch day two)
- Tent or outdoor hammock
- Sleeping mattress
- Sleeping bag
- Inner liner for sleeping bag
- Outdoor kitchen with equipment
What to bring:
- A backpack 50+ litres (besides from your own equipment you will need to fit your sleeping bag, sleeping mattress, tent or hammock and some food rations)
- Good walking or hiking shoes
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Extra warm clothes for chilli mornings
- Raingear (depending on weather forecast)
- Water bottle
- Swimming suit (optional)
More to do in Sala
We highly recommend you to extend your stay in Sala before or after your tour with Outdoor Vagabond. Go to www.destinationsala.se for more information on great restaurants, accommodation and activities in Sala.
The tours starts at the famous Sala silver mine, approximately 3 km from central Sala and less than two hours from Stockholm. Your guide will meet you at the big four-legged building called “the shaft of queen Christina”.
Sala Silver mine has free parking and is also accessible with public transportation. You can reach Sala with bus or train from any other town in Sweden. Buy your ticket at www.sj.se. From Sala station you can either walk the 3 km to the mine or take bus number 569 to the bus stop “Gruvan”.
Contact us at email@example.com for any assistance.